Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pre-Hospital Care Simulator

Found this website while browsing some blogs yesterday.

Pre-Hospital Care Simulator

It's kind of silly.
And we've been having a blast with it.

Make sure you try some of the "wrong" things to see what happens. Some of them, you'll never forget! I was going to give an example, but changed my mind. I don't want to spoil the fun.

As ridiculous as this might be, it keys in on one of the most important things about learning: emotional engagement.

There are a few scenarios available right from that page, and a link to purchase the archives. It's a little cumbersome to actually find them, but they are there.
Here's a direct link. I don't know how long that will be accurate, so here's a description of how I found it:

1. Click the link from the simulator page that says "Old EMS Scenarios here!"
2. I couldn't find them on the CD side, so click on the link to download them.
3. Click on "marketplace"
4. In the search box, type "simulator"
5. Use the drop down menu to display the "low price" and they should be on the second page.

They are inexpensive. $6 per collection, and there are three of them.

Also, it looks like their home page might have some great stuff.  I haven't had a chance to check it out today, but I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment