Friday, February 3, 2012

Faith Healing?

A friend sent me a link to this video recently. She is the person being interviewed.
Go watch her story.


I had heard her story before, but not in this much detail.

Since watching it, I haven't stopped thinking about it.

In what way is this not child abuse?
How can there be states that allow this, because of "religion"?

I'm all for freedom of religion, and for freedom FROM religion.

But there is a line somewhere.

Chances are, we won't see situations such as this often, because we won't be called there.

But if you DID find out about such a situation, what would you do? We are mandated reporters... but only for what we see professionally. How would you report this, in a state that does not consider it to be abuse? Who would you call? How would you describe the situation?

For all I know, maybe there are times when "faith healing" works. Faith is an important thing. Miracles do happen. But THIS situation clearly does not fall in that category.

Yeah, I'm kind of upset.
I'm also immensely impressed by Liz, for standing up, speaking out, and trying to stop what happened to her from happening to anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment