Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Last Year's Show

Still moping about not going to EMS Today.
Still hoping to go down to the exhibit hall for a day.

Not to meet Randolph Mantooth, although I hear it will be possible.
I'm not interested.
Johnny Gage is real. Meeting some actor will make him "not real," and I'm just not going there.

I spent part of today going through some of the stuff I picked up from the exhibit hall last year.
It's a lot.

I went through it because I was looking for my samples of QuickClot. I found them.

Came across the sample Hurl-E. This was one of the new products showcased last year. Fortunately, I haven't needed to use mine yet.

There was a lot of information handed out. From seizure care, to the national field triage protocols from the CDC. An entire program on improving CQI. One on blast injuries.

In other words, even if I didn't get to go to any of the classes (whimper), if I went through all the information and training material I could get from the show floor, that would easily equal more than the number of class hours provided.

No CME credit, though. Which is too bad, but really, I'm more interested in the information, than in getting "credit" for it.

So I think I'm going to try to do it, as long as the weather allows.

It's going to take a lot of Red Bull.

No comments:

Post a Comment